WHAT IS RPM?
Take on the terrain with your inspiring team coach who leads the pack through hills, flats, mountain peaks, speed work and interval training. Discover your athlete within – sweat and burn to reach your endorphin high.
1. Warm Up – Warm up the legs and increase the blood supply to the working muscles.
2. Pace – The intensity increases as you work through intervals of speed to prepare for the demands of the class ahead.
3. Hills – Designed to increase leg strength and endurance, you perform a series of climbs with increasing intensity.
4. Mixed Terrain – After some initial active reovery, we ride a series of fast flats and short climbs.
5. Intervals – You burn lots of calories in this track! It’s a race simulation with a series of attacks which will peak your heart rate. The main objective is to work and revcover through interval training.
6. Speed Work – After some initial active recovery, you develop fast leg speed through high-speed intervals.
7. Mountain Climb – As in Track 3, the focus is on strength and endurance in a series of climbs that build in intensity. This is the last working track.
8. Ride Home – Finish the journey and recover by lowering the heart rate and flushing the working muscles.
9. Stretch – A final stretch to complete the workout and assist recovery.
Most people go once and vow never to return where as I get excited at the prospect of a full hours maximum workout every time guaranteed that hits the PAIN meter!!
You could burn between 600 – 1200 calories per class, talk about shed those extra kilo’s in no time flat!
Oh and it’s wise not to eat before your first class!!!
I do my classes at Breath Health Club in Hervey Bay where I also do Body Pump (weights), Body Combat & Zumba Classes (all classes go for an hour).
[Information via Les Mills website]