“When you change the way you look at something, what you are looking at will change.” – Deepak Chopra
Last night I went to listen to Deepak Chopra at the Queensland Performing Arts Centre (QPAC). What an intelligent, amusing and insightful man with a profound understanding of the universe. (Deepak Chopra is one of Oprah’s spiritual mentors)
Here are a few things I learned:
– Our body’s our subconscious mind
– The mind is in all cells of the body not the brain
– Your body is in your mind which is a larger field of consciousness
– The human body is not a structure it’s a process
– In one year all atoms in our body are replaced – therefore the Deepac talking to me was not the same Deepac who visited Australia a year ago
– The physical body is the recycling of earth, water and air
– Our experience of the world is based on vibration
– All thoughts are either choices or interpretations of past or future
– Why can’t you be found in your body? Because you are not there, you are not in it. The body is in you.
– Everything is a vibration.
– Void is infinite possibilities, immeasurable potential
– The Science of happiness; find happiness first then you will have happiness in relationships, finance, health etc. … don’t look for these things to make you happy.
– Happiness Formula; H = S + C + V
Happiness equals Self Point in the brain plus Conditions of Living plus Voluntary Actions.
SELF POINT is determined in childhood; the first 3 year of our life. This is 50% of our happiness experience. You can change your self point through meditation.
CONDITION OF LIVING is what’s happening around you. 10%
VOLUNTARY ACTIONS, what we do every day. 40%
– Are our choices for ourselves or do they make others happy?
– Love is the ultimate truth. Love is God. Love awakens the soul.
– There is no difference between you and the whole of the universe
– The world is as we are
– Have all the time in the world!
– Our brain:
Right Hemisphere – works in the present moment, right here, right now. Looks, tastes, smells, sounds and feels.
Left Hemisphere – works in the past and future. Thinks in language, ongoing brain chatter.
– Short daily MEDITATION (start with 10mins)
- Put your attention to the heart and say to yourself, “Who am I?”and see what comes up, if you drift away just come back to the question, “Who am I?”. Now ask yourself ‘What do I want?”
- Gratitude – Now be thankful for all the good in your life
- Now repeat, ‘I AM” to yourself for as long as you like (10 mins minimum)
Put your attention on your body, feeling each body part, cell and atom to be light, white and sparkling
– TOTAL WELL BEING
- SOCIAL; our moods, emotions, energy and information is contagious!
- PHYSICAL; sleep, yoga, exercise
- COMMUNITY; Share a cause
- CAREER; Use your strengths
- FINANCIAL: Don’t buy things to impress people. Spend money on experience & happy memories. The more you give the more you have.
Take the VOW – for well being!
This experience with Deepak has me on such a high! There is so much to learn and hearing his concepts makes me even more excited about the infinite possibilities in all aspects of my life!!!! I have so many new ideas and concepts to practise and put in place.