I have been forwarded your facebook post from numerous concerned Fraser Coast residents that did not appreciate your comments in relation to my helping with the storm that severely and directly hit where I live in Scarness. I find it alarming the wife of the current Councillor for our Division 9 being Stuart Taylor would lower themselves to compose such a vitriolic post let alone encourage others to share it.
Here are a couple of corrections for you:
1. I was not celebrating, a man had just died, I was lifting and clearing trees for three hours.
I also cleared trees the night of the storm so the ambulance and emergency vehicles could get though as did a shop owner further down. Other community members stopped or came along to help with this. I and a friend also cleared the storm water drain at Scarness of debris and branches as it was starting to flood in front of the shops. Happy to report we had the water flowing again in no time.
2. I did not bitch nor moan at any stage, that is not in my nature, I was too busy working and clearing. I have never made any comment at any stage about the Council insinuating any involvement in any death. Be very careful making false statements like that publicaly on social media.
3. I spoke to the CEO at Scarness Caravan Park and she mentioned your husband Cr. Stuart Taylor was there with many of the Council team, it was wonderful to see this awesome community spirit with my own eyes and everyone working as a team, as the caravan park had been smashed.
4. It was also professional of the CEO to come and speak to me personally even though we have differences of opinion on many local issues, emergencies such as these are the time to put differences aside. She mentioned how some of the residents said they saw a tornado / water spout which was frightening for them especially with the terrible tragedy unfolding. She also mentioned how the residents were currently being evacuated to Pialba to assist with the clear up.
5. Yes I got a little red faced / sunburnt too, I had been out since the crack of dawn and up till after midnight with the storm
6. It was excellent of the Council to put up images of the workers later in the day as I had done. Their efficiency, professionalism and haste to fix our park needs to be commended, shared and congratulated as per my facebook posts with hundreds of likes, shares, comments of thanks / appreciation and thousands of views by the entire community that were very concerned, even their out of town relations, all appreciating the visuals and updates. So many people thanked me for keeping them in the loop and of the excellent recovery progress.
7. I am sorry to hear you had to go without your husband for the day.
Even though as you say, he was attending the scene where the poor man had been a victim of the stormcell and lost his life.
8. Angry?? – Did you know … 5 mins of anger suppresses your immune system for 6 – 7hours? Tony Robbins said this at a seminar I attended once.
9. TWAT! lol no comment… #stayclassy
10. The facebook group Fraser Coast Have Your Say has over 1,600+ members and it is the Biggest Positive Political Social Medial Group on the Fraser Coast! It a place for the community to share their ideas, thoughts and concerns in a respectful environment (no bullying, name calling or swearing – if there is any of this behaviour from members or negativity is it closely monitored by a team of admins and immediately addressed) We have noticed a couple of strategically placed trolls at the moment “friends of other candidates”, not sure why people bother with that at election time, just live in an open honest transparent manner I say.
There is no cheap political point scoring, defamation or negativity such as this post of yours, just current topics of community concerns plus clarifications as to how current councillors voted in the meetings or their comments to the media when they contradict this. Members discuss their thoughts about both / all sides of community issues to think about Positive outcomes. It is how we all learn and understand more to create positive solutions together and it has been running very successfully for well over 12months now.
11. FALSE; I do not write from a negative perspective that would be a waste of precious positive time and unconstructive to the continuous betterment of my life’s journey, the betterment of the Fraser Coast Community and Council plus a very poor example to my peers and facebook friends.
12. Negative comments do not get me off as per your suggestion, though helping the community in times of need makes me feel grateful and proud as do the endorphins from a fun 10km run make me feel excited and healthy
13. I am not the sort of woman to stand by and tolerate absolute derogatory posts such as this, so it would be appreciated if you focus on a clean campaign and promote your husband’s positive accomplishments if applicable. The community deserves better than to have to read such immature slander and be ordered to share this taradiddle! Surely you do not have to sink this low, after what the residents and our community just went through …. who does that? Please refrain from further mentioning me on your facebook profile, it is not at all professional …. All the best with your husband’s election campaign …..
14. Absolute malarkey and unprofessionalism such as this contributes to what has inspired and driven me to run for Council! The Community is in desperate need of Honesty, Professionalism, Leadership, Intelligence, Common Sense and Courage in a Councillor.
15. No negative comments on this post please people, my page has the same rules and integrity as Fraser Coast Have You Say – “Please keep comments to be positive and constructive giving ideas and working towards solutions.”
16. If anyone sees any other negative posts like this please forward to Jannean Dean 4 Mayor or I, thank you, we will address immediately and won’t be lowering to these standards / election tactics.
OH and Vote 1 Jeanette Maynes for Div 9 !!!!
Photos of the stormcell here!